Friday, February 18, 2011

Interview with Vinthoven AKA Vthov


Starting at such a early age learning how to play piano and being exposed to all types of music... what led you more on the path to doing rap music? and if you stopped what direction would you go next?

Well being from the inner city of Orlando, the rap genre has always appealed to me. I think many people underestimate how musical rap can be. If a rap artist properly utilizes cadence, rhyme scheme, and delivery... the music can have a very alluring effect. If I stopped hip hop, I'd probably try my hand at jazz or gospel... or gospel jazz lol.

If I started a verse like this " The center of gravity. Everything revolves around me. " How would finish it?

"My pull is universal and involves about three/ components... live, laugh, love installed around G's/ I called about the (long e sound like thee)/ problems solved without ease/ To the whack emcees/ Evolve your sound please"

If you were hanging out with the president. Where would you take him and what would be the first major question you would want the answer too?

I would take him to the park in my hood so we could shoot some hoops. It would give him a chance to see what it's like out here and we'd converse along with other young men over a friendly game of 21. My first major question would be "What is your strategy in getting the people to overcome the divides in our country such as race, gender, political affiliation, and economic status to bring about a spirit of unity and quell this climate of hate?"

What would be your dream collaboration?

Ludacris. He is one of my favorite rappers and I think he is a lyrical genius with a delivery that hits very hard. He is very musical in how he approaches his craft. I also know that he can make positive music because I've heard it before. It suits him nicely I think.

What is the main message you are trying to get out through your music?

My main theme is that everyone has potential waiting to be unlocked. There are a plethora of factors that get in the way of that potential. The lack of focus due to the shallow materialism that permeates hip hop culture is one example. Others are self-hate, self-doubt, generational curses, lack of faith, lack of hope, glorification of crime/violence, and peer pressure just to name a few. If my music helps anyone over these stumbling blocks then I will consider my music career a success.

Is there anything else you would like to share with everyone?

Yes, if you believe in my music please share it with your friends. Money can't buy the best promotion there is which is word of mouth. My music is a grass roots effort and it's success is contingent upon the endorsement of it's supporters.

Official Vthov Website

No comments:

Post a Comment